This section explains the step by step procedure to flash the binaries using MFG tool.
To program the binaries for TRUX-IMX6 platform, following Items are required:
- Binary files
- USB type A to micro A cable.
- Host PC (Windows)
On successful image build the binaries can be found as mentioned in Yocto image build. To flash the obtained binaries
via MFG-tool do the renaming as follow:
core-image-minimal-imx6-truxd01-<date&time stamp>rootfs.tar.bz2 ----> rootfs.tar.bz2 u-boot-nand-<revision>-r0.imx ----> uboot.imx zImage-<revision>-imx6-truxd01-<date&time stamp>.bin ----> zImage zImage-<revision>-imx6ul-truxd01-som-<date&time stamp>.dtb ----> imx6ul-truxd01-som.dtb
BOOT mode #
- Power OFF the device.
- Switch the device to boot mode by using following switch combinations: POS1 –> OFF and POS2 –> ON
- Power ON the device.
Binary Programming #
- Connect a mini USB A cable to the OTG port of the device and other end to the host pc (Windows).
- Connect another mini USB A cable to the debug port of the device and other to the host pc(Windows).For viewing debug logs follow the steps mentioned in UART debugging.
- Copy the binaries (u-boot.imx, zImage, imx6ul-truxd01-sm.dtb, rootfs.tar.bz2) to
Flashing Tool --> MFG-tool --> TRUCRUX-Trux-D01-v1.0-MFG --> Profiles --> Linux --> OSFirmware --> files
- Start the MFG-tool application by double clicking on
Flashing Tool --> MFG-tool --> TRUCRUX-Trux-D01-v1.0-MFG --> MfgTool2.exe
- The MFG Application will open and will display the current operation in status text box.
- If the platform is detected, the “HID-compliant device” message will be displayed in the status box.
- Click on the Start button, MFG Tool will start programming binaries into boot device and the debug console will
show the debug messages.
- After successfully programming the Binaries to boot device, the progress bar will turn to Green colour and status
box will show “Done”.
- Click “Stop” to finish, and Click “Exit” to terminate the application.
- Then power off the device and use following switch combination to switch the device to boot mode. POS1 –> ON and POS2 –> OFF
- Power ON the device and the device will boot up with new binaries.