Unpacking Guidelines #
Please follow the below guidelines while unpacking the TRUX-iMX6UL-DVP Development Platform.
- Make sure to follow the below antistatic guidelines before unpacking.
- Wear the antistatic wristband while unpacking and handling the Development Platform to prevent electrostatic discharge.
- Use antistatic pad/mat with proper grounding to place the Development Platform.
- Don’t touch the inside surface of the Development Platform circuit board.
- Self-grounding: Touch a grounded conductor every few minutes to discharge any excess static build-up.
- Make sure that packing box is facing upwards while opening.
- Make sure that the entire packing list items mentioned in Package Checklist present.
Package Checklist #
|Sr No.||Package Item||Qty||Image|
Development Platform with SOM and
|2||Power Adapter 12v,2A||1||Photo2|
NOTE: Do not proceed with installation, if any of the items listed in the above checklist is missing or damaged. Contact Trucrux support team.
Get to Know the S01 Development Platform #
TRUX-imx6UL-DVP Development platform consists of 67.5mm x 30mm x 1mm i.MX6UL/i.MX6ULL S01
SOM and 100 mmx100mm iMX6 Carrier Card as shown in below figure.
photo 5 and 6
NOTE: Refer Hardware User Guide for more detail
SETTING UP THE TEST ENVIRONMENT #
Getting Start #
This section describes the step by step procedure to setup the test environment TRUX-iMX6UL-DVP Development Platform.
- Read the Development Platform Documents
- Check Boot Mode setting
- Setting up the Debug port
- Power ON the Development Platform
Boot Mode Setting #
TRUX-iMX6UL-DVP Development Platform supports different boot mode options for booting.
- Internal Boot Mode (Default): This mode is used for normal booting and default set while shipping. Please make sure that boot mode switch (J208) is in this mode while setting up the Test Environment.
- Serial Downloader Mode: This mode is used when user wants to program boot media using MFG Tool.
For more details, please refer Software User Guide.
Boot modes can be selected by user using boot mode switch (J208) settings on iMX6UL Carrier Board as mentioned below. For more details, refer iMX6UL Carrier Board Hardware User Guide.
Boot Mode Settings Truth Table #
|Boot Mode Setting On iMX6UL Carrier Board||J208 (2 Position Switch)|
|Internal Boot Mode (Default)||ON||OFF|
|Serial Downloader Mode||OFF||ON|
|ON = High OFF=Low|
Debug Port Setting #
TRUX-iMX6UL-DVP Development Platform supports Micro USB Connector as Debug port for Debugging and Testing. Please follow the below procedure to setup the Debug port of Development Platform.
- Use USB MicroAB to TypeA cable to connect between Development Platform and PC for debugging. Connect TypeA end of USB cable to PC and MicroAB end of USB cable to Development Platform’s debug Micro USB connector as shown below.
Open any serial monitor application like HyperTerminal/Putty, etc. on PC/Laptop and apply following setting.
- Baud rate : 115200 bps
- Data bits : 8
- Parity : None
- Stop bits : 1
- Flow control : None
Powering ON TRUX-iMX6UL-DVP #
TRUX-iMX6UL-DVP platform comes with 12V, 2A power supply with universal plugs. Please follow the below procedure to power ON the Development Platform.
Connect the 12V power supply plug to the power connector (J213) of the TRUX-iMX6UL-DVP Development Platform as shown below and switch ON the power supply.
Once Power is applied to TRUX-iMX6UL-DVP Development Platform, the Power LED in the TRUX-IMX6UL-S01 SOM module and iMX6UL Carrier Board will glow as shown below.
Warning: Do not proceed with installation, if the Power Status LED is blinking or not glowing. Contact Trucrux support team.
Viewing Logs #
Once power is applied to TRUX-iMX6UL-DVP Development Platform as explained in the previous section, the serial monitor of the PC/Laptop which is connected to the Development Platform will immediately show the boot messages of the boot loader.
Immediately after power on, Press any key in HyperTerminal to go to the U-boot command prompt as shown below. Otherwise Linux kernel will launch automatically.
Once Linux is launched, the LCD will show the prints as shown below and serial monitor will show the Linux
To login, enter “root” in terminal and you will get the Linux command prompt.